4.12.08

being december, being infinite

"dinoy alamsyah"


people just keep asking and asking, where does the "dinoy" term comes from?
here we go

it's 1989, near december 8th. mother already had the feeling onto giving birth to me. but since i'm the third child, and there's already my elder sister and brother -means my mom already gave names to her children, boy and girl, and my father just gave his last name, alamsjah to all of his children-, she just confused what name to give to me.

here comes the hero - my elder sister -, she wants to give a name, and then my mother gave the rights of naming me to her.

days before 8th, she already have the name, and slip it under the glass on the table in the family room. it's "dinoy" if a boy is born, and another different strange name if it's a girl(she actually forgot about the girl's name, haha)

why dinoy?

One
it comes from some indonesian's tv show around late 80's, titled "si unyil". and there's a character called "qinoy", which is a sniveler type of character -and thank god it's not my character-.

Two

since i born on the month december, she take the 'd' letter to be the first letter (just like her name, della and the 'd' comes from december, and my brother's name, andry with the 'a' comes from april). so she switched the 'q' with a 'd'
and there you go, 'dinoy'


then december 8th 1989, around 5 am. i was born, a boy. so there i given the name by the most special person in my life, my beloved sister, who born just seven years and four days before my birth, and today is her birthday. and for me, being born at eight is a gift. the symbol '8' is a standing infinite, and for me it means i have no limited possibilities, and stand out the crowd.



"love you, sis... hope this will be a good gift for your birthday"

autistneverdie

1 comment:

warna - warni pelangi said...

U are the one who being special..u bring hope and delightful to this family..

luv ya,bro